Thursday, February 1, 2007

Question #8: How do I relate to faith?

FAITH. How do I relate to faith? That is a difficult question to answer. I am still learning about God and being faithful. Faith is something that I have to believe with my whole heart even though I do not see the evidence. Unlike science or math, faith is not what I can prove. I just have to believe in God and rely on Him.

I did not know much about being a Christian until last year. I mean, I knew what it is to be a Christian in my head, but not in my heart. Then about a year ago, I suddenly started questioning my life. ‘Why am I here right now? Why do I need to study hard? What should I do in my future???’ The questions were countless and more questions I asked, I was more confused and lost. After several months of wondering, on one summer day, I realized that it is God who keeps me alive. When I finally noticed it, God was already in my heart.

Faith in God made me a stronger person. Now I know that I have God’s support and love, I am more confident and optimistic. He has given me a new, brighter hope in my life. He has also given me new perspectives of people and the world. My faith in God sustains my life and gives me happiness everyday. He is my Savior, Supporter and Companion. Whatever I will do in my life, I know it will be done in God’s presence.

However, having faith in God does not make my life easier. My life is the same: same family, same friends, same school, etc. It is my perspective of life that is changed. Everything stays the same, but I am changed.

3 comments:

Andrew Seong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Seong said...

I can see how you relate yourself with God and faith. I also theoretically know what faith means, and what having a real "faith" is, although I do not have any intention as yet to believe in God. I know what you are talking about, but I cannot excercise it in my life; I just cannot relate myself to faith.I guess I could have realted to YOU in that I know faith by head but not by heart.-Andrew Seong

African Globe Trotters. said...

Jiwon you have related very well to this novel and sharing from your heart enables your readers to identify with you. Great job! Mrs.Mc.